The College is interested in developing sports & Games for benefit of the students. Students are encouraged to take active participation to develop healthy body, with sound mind. Participation in Sports & Games develops team Spirit and it also improves the outlook of the individual. It also allows the participation to realize the value of healthy competition, co-operative relationship, team work and accepting the superiority of others with grace while striving for personal excellence. Traditional sports are always a part of college programmes.
Matoshree Vimalabai Deshmukh College, Amravati has various sports facilities available for students. Mainly the following facilities of sports Indoor and outdoor Games can be mentioned in these facilities.
1) Indoor badminton court facilities are available.
2) Table tennis Indore court facilities are available.
3) A volleyball court is also available.
4) Multigym facility is available.
5) Weight/power lifting facility is available.
6) Kho-Kho, Kabaddi facility is available.
7) Cricket facility is available.
8) Apart from this, sports facilities such as chess, athletics(Long jump,high jumping , shot-put throw, Joyelling throw, Disc throw, ) etc. are also available for students. Using these facilities, the students are participating in inter-college, Inter University, state level and national level competitions and are increasing the glory of the college.
Director of Physical Education and sports:
Professor Vilas R. Thakare
(M.PEd., NIS-Kabaddi, All India University body building competition representation)